Partial Hospitalization Program Vs. Inpatient Treatment In MA
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and inpatient treatment programs are both intensive levels of care for individuals struggling with substance abuse, addiction, or mental health challenges. However, there are some differences between the two programs – such as the duration, for starters. We will cover these ahead, so you can find a suitable drug partial hospitalization or inpatient program in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts Partial Hospitalization Program
Partial hospitalization programs, also known as day programs, are less intensive than inpatient treatment. Patients attend the program for several hours each day, but they do not stay overnight.
PHPs typically last 4-6 weeks and are typically a good option for patients who are stable enough to live at home but still need intensive treatment and support.
- More flexible than inpatient treatment.
- Patients can maintain some of their normal activities, such as work or school.
- Typically, less expensive than inpatient treatment. Click here to read more about the affordable partial hospitalization program in Massachusetts.
- Not as intensive as inpatient treatment.
- May not be appropriate for patients with severe addiction or mental health disorders.
Patients with severe addiction or mental health disorders who require around-the-clock supervision and care are typically admitted to inpatient treatment. Inpatient programs typically last 28-90 days.
- Provides around-the-clock supervision and care.
- Patients receive a high level of individual attention.
- May be necessary for patients with severe addiction or mental health disorders.
- More restrictive than PHPs.
- Patients may have difficulty adjusting to life at home after treatment.
- Typically, more expensive than PHPs.
Finding A Suitable Treatment Facility
As of 2020, there are about 1,806 facilities in the US that provide partial hospitalization with less than 24-hour stay. Resilience Behavioral Health is one of them, offering a partial hospitalization program in Massachusetts.
Resilience Behavioral Health is a CARF-accredited facility that offers a variety of Counseling services to cure addiction, mental health, and behavioral challenges. The programs they offer include outpatient treatment, residential, PHPs, and aftercare.
What’s even better is their commitment to making top-quality care affordable for everyone. For this purpose, they offer financial assistance such as scholarships and grants. They work with insurance companies and offer sliding scale fees that bring costs down to $20-$200 per day.
Call 888.401.1179 to book a consultation or visit Resilience Behavioral Health to learn more.