The Importance of Accreditation: Finding a Trusted Mental Health Treatment Center in Massachusetts
The field of mental health challenges is an extremely sensitive and delicate subject. Much care must be taken to maintain it, and a whole lot more trying to find its suitable and quality rehabilitation. One way to find such appropriate care is to look at the accreditation, but is it really a good decision? We will discuss this ahead, along with different accreditations that might help you lock on a reputable mental health treatment center in Massachusetts.
What Is The Importance Of Accreditation?
What Is Mental Health Rehab Accreditation?
In addition to meeting the licensing requirements by the state, to acquire accreditation, the treatment facility should:
- Adhere to certain standards, policies, and guidelines of treatment and care.
- A reputable third-party organization in the mental health rehab industry decides and sets the above criteria for accreditation.
These accreditations generally have more comprehensive requirements than the state’s to become a licensed facility. Meaning, more checked boxes that deal with higher standards of quality and care.
The Meaning Of Accreditation For You And Your Loved Ones – Benefits
So, you heard that a facility holds an accreditation, great, but what does it really mean to you? These are some of the benefits of holding an accreditation:
- Quality Care – achieving accreditation from an accredited entity means that the facility ensures high-quality care and treatment that meets the standards of the said entity.
- Continuous Quality Care Standards – facilities must renew accreditation about every 1 to 3 years.
- Latest Advancements – the continuous renewal also facilitates the adoption of the latest and proven methodologies and tech trends in the field.
- Vetted Facility – holding an accreditation means going through a rigorous vetting process. This makes sense as compared to a facility that hasn’t been vetted.
- Person-Centric Care – most accrediting bodies require person-centered care that favors tailored treatment plans.
- Qualified For Insurance – most insurance companies require a CARF and/or The Joint Commission accredited facility for reimbursements.
- Narrowing Down The Options – And of course, you can narrow down your options, from a sea of selections, to only the top facilities by looking at their accreditations.
Finding A Trusted Mental Health Treatment Center in Massachusetts
1. The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
Ensures that organizations meet industry standards and provide high-quality, person-centered care.
2. The Joint Commission
Assesses and accredits healthcare organizations to ensure they meet stringent standards for patient care, safety, and organizational quality.
3.Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Protects the privacy of individuals’ health information.
Lists treatment facilities and other resources for individuals seeking substance abuse and mental health services.
5. National Association for Behavioral Healthcare
Provides accreditation services for behavioral healthcare organizations.
6. HIRE Vets Medallion Program
Recognizes organizations that demonstrate a commitment to hiring and supporting veterans.
Looking at the above accreditations will help you find the best, most suitable mental health treatment facility in Massachusetts for you. If you are looking to find these top-notch facilities, you can look at some options here.
And if you want to speed up your research, contact Resilience Behavioral Health online or via 888.401.1179.